[Winter, New Year and New York] [Greeting 7 in the morning after pulling an all-nighter] [Cleaning up well, as we won’t be in for a long time] I’m off! Where have they gone, there’s nobody here… Cats! I’m off! There are no luggages to check in So we’ll head straight to check-in for the flight. We pass on all the duty-free shops, too. We’ll head straight to the lounge to take a rest. [Sleeping first, as I’m soooo sleepy.] [Gobbling up the moment I open my eyes] [For the midnight snack, it’s instant noodles] [Arrived in New York after doing nothing but repeatedly eating and sleeping for 14 hours….!] [Calling an Uber] [We’ve come to Brooklyn, where our accommodation is.] [Came running to see the Brooklyn Bridge as soon as we arrived] We’re now at Grimaldi’s Pizzeria. We’ve been here before And because it’s so good We’ve just come back here, since we were nearby the place anyways. [The huge pizza as big as my hand] [The first accommodation, where we’ll be spending 3 nights in, ‘1 Hotel’] Woahhhh Woooooow….. Alright, it’s the accommodation where we’ll be spending 3 nights in. Hello, turtle? The interior is plain, but… This… space outside the window is incredible, right? The Brooklyn Bridge And the skyscrapers of Manhattan can all be seen in a single sight. If I just look at this in here, I feel like I don’t have to go outside. Give us a smile. The concept of this place is Recycle Everything. This is no other than the key card, you see. The key cards are all made of wood And these drawers and stuff Are all made with recyclable materials. As soon as you come in, there are these moss-like things, too. These are all real moss. The clothes hangers, too, they’re all paper, not plastic. This, in fact, is a stone [(A real-time home camera)] As soon as we’ve arrived at a place with wifi, I’ve been watching our cats. The cats are fine… But I think I have the separation anxiety disorder… I was gonna take a short nap… And I ended up sleeping for 4 hours lol Wow, how cooool [We’ve come to the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel.] What’s this? Ducks! Grilled fish We ordered salmon But they’ve replaced it with another fish, as they don’t have any salmon And I’m not sure what it is. Enjoy your meal! [It’s a yogurt-based sauce, and it’s seriously good.] We’ve come to the market to buy something to eat at night. Dumbo Market?! Oh, it’s Dumbo?! What’s this, it was Dumbo? hehe [Dumbo’s a place like this!] Wow~ The scent of the flowers Should we buy some apples? We’re here to get some instant noodles… And as they have so many Korea products to a point where I’m at a loss for words So yes, I think we can make our choices joyfully. Yookgaejang from Korea Somebody needs to pee LOL [Rushed footsteps] Go quickly, go! [We’ve briefly come up to the rooftop of the hotel.] My goodness… [Taking in the night view to my heart’s content, even inside the room] [An avocado sandwich] [A ketchup fanatic] – You’re squeezing out a lot (of ketchup) as always.
– It probably won’t be enough! We’ve come to look again in the morning! Yeees~ So cool. You can see the Statue of Liberty from afar, over there! We had our breakfast Washed up, put on some makeup, Yes, bought some coffee And switched on the camera. This hotel has such a great view So even when we’re talking to each other We aren’t looking into each other’s eyes, we’re only looking outside the window. But whenever we get asked To choose the best thing about New York, – It’s always Brooklyn Bridge.
– Yes, that’s right. I think we’re really getting to look at it to our hearts’ content this time. Our visit to New York this time around, It isn’t our first, it’s our third time. I’m looking at my blog right now. To reminisce back on my past memories. I thought back on what we did so far In New York, you see? We’ve done so many things. Firstly, the first time we visited was in 2014 [The 2014 trip]
Back then, now… what did we come to do? The wedding photos! Click, click! – Here are the photos!
– That’s right. That was back when we were dating And we decided to take a trip And take some great photos while we’re there Back then, seriously, as soon as we arrived in New York Here, we’ve come to this very place. The pizza we had yesterday We had the pizza And took some photos here And next to this place, There’s this great tourist attraction called Dumbo, We’ve been there each time we’ve come to New York as well For one, when we first traveled here, I think we’ve really been to most of the main attractions. The Greenwich Village, the East Village Soho, Noho We’d even gone to see the Statue of Liberty. And you know how Soo is an economics geek. He said he really wanted to visit the Wall Street So we’d been to the Wall Street, too And we’ve been to the Central Park, too. It was spring back then, I see. My friend took us to Blue Bottle for the first time, you see. It was my first time trying acidic coffee So it was very new and tasty for me. I got hooked since then So even when I came back to New York 2 years after that, I only drank Blue Bottle coffee. Oh, we’ve been to this place, too, huh? American Museum of Natural History. We’d gone to MOMA, too We entered the Empire State Building, too. Back then, my friend was working at an academy inside the Empire State Building So with that friend’s help, we entered the ESB And got to see the panorama from there. Oh…! And we had watched this. Seriously, The Lion King was the best musical I’ve watched so far. That’s right, that’s right. I still can’t forget about The Lion King, the musical. We went to watch this again when they came and did the show in Korea. And we watched this show, too. What is this? No More? It’s still on – Oh, this is still on?
– Yeah! This is a very unique play The actor is performing while going around the entire hotel And the audience also wear a mask and chase that actor to watch the show You can watch like this, right next to the actor, or you can watch from afar from the corner This was really unique and entertaining, too. – But in here… there are full-body nude scenes and stuff in here, so
– Oh, yeah It was a bit shocking And next, the second time we visited was in 2016 Back then, now… we’d been to the High Line Park, which we hadn’t been able to visit on our first trip And we also had been to the Washington Square Park. On this trip, we watched the night view on Top of the Rock. On our 2016 trip, we really went around exploring lots of good restaurants We watched Aladdin the musical We have this thing that we have to watch at least one Broadway musical when we come to New York -So we watched Aladdin on our second trip, and Aladdin was THE best
-Seriously We watched from up front, so close that we could even see the head of the conductor of the orchestra, you see. – The execution was so…
– Yeah! Well, the story wasn’t anything new, but the execution had a different and moving resonance from the animation. That’s right, we watched a show called Amateur Night at the Apollo Theatre. Not many of you might know about this one, but it’s sort of like the TV show, Super Star K. This is sort of like the entry gateway for the stars And it’s also the place that had discovered the huge stars like Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder. Back when we went to watch, a dance team from Japan had won. You could pretty much say that the purpose of our New York trip this time around was to look at the giant Christmas tree And as there still are some places we haven’t been to, and some new places we want to visit We’ve come back to New York for the first time in a while. This time, we’ve come back after 3 years. – Would we ever come back to New York, you think?
– Yes! Would we visit again some day? When we came to New York the last time, we thought, wouldn’t this be the last time? – Every time we think about where to travel to, New York always comes up
– You’re right So, again… Yes, we’ve come back There’s the Brooklyn flea market that we failed to visit each time we took a trip here We happened to get up early today, so we’re gonna try visiting this time It’s not on! Why… why isn’t it on Is it because it’s the end of the year? I guess it’s not being held today Let’s go~! [Encountered Dumbo as we passed by] The time now is 10:10 And we have a musical booked for 1 o’clock later on. We’ll first try heading to Manhattan right away. Oh, that scared me. We’re at Bryant Park, and there’s some sort of a market being held. We didn’t get to go to the flea market today We might as well… have a look around here. [High technology..!] Didn’t think we’d see this sight again in here. [The sight we’ve seen in Seoul, too] Wow, how pretty! Searching for a place to eat~ We’re gonna go find a place with good ratings on Google Maps. We’re now gonna head off to eat some Dim sum. As we kept walking, we’ve suddenly come across Times Square. – While we’re here already, let’s walk across Times Square
– Let’s! Wow… Isn’t this so, so flashy, guys? Exo was on it earlier, Exo! A red sign A place full of Chinese characters The menu has photos in it, so it’s easy to look at The very last piece! Slurp We finished the food Now, let’s head off to watch the musical! Let’s go quickly, quickly! [We’re heading to Madison Square Park for a walk around the park] It’s raining Is it good? There’s your friend over there, too. It finished the food [Give us more] I don’t have any food! I don’t have any! Wow, it’s Amazon Go! Wow, it’s the first time I’m seeing this in person! Woooooow We’re curious, so we’re gonna go have a look inside Amazon Go! (the unmanned store) We can’t enter… I think you’d have to have signed up to be a member of Amazon Go. Wow…. So fascinating! All those above, they’re sensors, all of those The black ones It’s already dark outside The sun sets so early on Wow… You can see the ESB so well from here The blue lighting is on This is Cote, Cote! Wow, it looks so familiar The Korean characters look very pretty, now that I’m seeing them like this It’s really fascinating and nice to see that there’s such a classy and splendid Korean restaurant in the middle of New York. Did we order the assorted one? Yes! It comes out looking splendid. The tossed spring onions, and the vegetables for ssam* and the ssamjang, they’re all perfect.
(*=a wrap, where you typically wrap the meat and other ingredients inside a leaf vegetable to eat) The rice is totally Korean, you know? The fluffy Korean rice. As expected, wouldn’t you say that the finale of a barbecue place is the ice cream We had fun, and now we’re heading home It’s cute We got all soaked in rain We’ve given up on everything Your hair is wet, like a Hong Kong actor. Look at the time now, guys. It’s so funny. Yesterday… Yesterday, did we come home at around 8? We came in… And we wanted to try and stay up, but we fell asleep at half past 8. We sort of recovered from our jet lag a bit strangely Well, we adjusted to the time weirdly and didn’t sleep well on the airplane so we went to sleep at 9 pm on the first day and woke up at 6 am. And even yesterday, we came home at 8 pm and tried not to sleep. So that we can go to bed around 10-11 pm… But we went to bed at half past 8 without even having a bath and now we’re up at 5 am… The sun goes down fast and rises late so it’s still as dark as night. As expected, there isn’t any tea kettle here. It was great that we brought tea kettle for traveling. Can you see the chips? We bought this on the first day. I opened up the chip packet widely and it’s been three days since I arrived here but how are the chips still so crispy? It must be all the chemicals in there! The American chips are amazing. It’s my first time using Uber Eats in America. It’s like a food delivery app. What did you order? Mmm… Californian omelet platter. Three butter milk pancakes. Can you see the time now? lol Is it coming? No, it’s going to get the food. Ooh~! We’re counting on you, Michael. He’s here! He’s here! Gosh… Even in the States, we’re relying on delivered food. Ha ha! We’re sure the people of delivery. Wow, pancakes. Toast too and now that the sun is rising the scene is turning blue. -How many are there?
-Aren’t there three? Do Americans eat this much? [My husband is doing my hair at the back which I can’t see well haha] Warm apple juice. It’s pouring out there today so I think it’s better if we stick around indoors so we’re off to Chelsea Market. The place where Chelsea Market is used to be a biscuit factory. The whole history of Chelsea Market is here. [Let’s go and check out Anthropologie] H, J, H, J Lol [That’s me]
The Cat Person. That’s pretty. [We’ll stuff ourselves in the Oyster Bar] [You can enjoy fresh raw oyster in the spot] [We’re here to eat lunch right away] They say it’s a steakhouse that was here 150 years ago. He’s choosing the wine. Soo’s always tipping the glass. [Thank you for the meal!] [Resting during the intervals at the accommodation is essential] Umm… I think I slept for about 2 hours. And as soon as we got up, we’re going to the cat cafe that we got an invitation from. The sun goes down super fast and it’s only 5 pm. [We’re at a cat cafe called MEOW PARLOUR, with an invitation from the subscriber] Have you slept well? We’re buying a bunch of stuff. It seems like it’s a road without a car today. The polices are blocking the streets. Let’s walk the street. [We’re finally here to see Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree] I think the way it sways in the wind is so pretty. [Beautiful Rockefeller Center] Now we’re going back home. The temperature isn’t really freezing(10°C) but the wind… It’s so windy that my ears are frozen ;-; So I wore earmuffs tightly. Before we go back, let’s visit the market again~ Come on out. How about this? Yup, that looks great too. Guys, have you ever tried this baby food(?) I did…. When my brother was still a baby, we used to feed him one of these and I was so curious about the taste. So I sneaked some out and ate it myself. Without my mom knowing, of course. It’s the scene I watch every time I go back home but it’s amazing all the time. I woke up at the latest. 7 am. Today’s the last day of 2019 in American standard. It’s the day we watch the Times Square Ball Drop for 2019 and to watch that properly, you need to get into the line now. And we’ll be checking out from this accommodation today. We got another accommodation which takes about 10 minutes to get from Times Square and we’ll be staying there until we go back to Korea. It’s a bit cloudy at the moment but they say it’ll clear up by the afternoon! Ooh, the sky is clearing up. We’ll be going to a place called Williamsburg soon and I think the weather will be fine by the time we arrive. [We’re out after checking out!] This place looks like a scene out of a movie. [The doors of houses are full of Christmas decorations] Every house has its own style. This house is very simple. Wow… I think it is a sports field for dogs. Man, I envy them. From this dock, we’ll take a ferry to go to Williamsburg. [I highly recommend you visit the Williamsburg dock viewpoint] -Where are we going?
-To grab a meal! I’m searching for a restaurant to dine at with an app called Yelp. We decided where to eat and it’ll take about 15 minutes on foot but since there are so many things to look at in Williamsburg, we decided to walk all the way there. We are going to walk down this street. You can easily see graffitis like this here. Found Aland. Aland works hard. Urban Outfitters. He’s going to get some clothes here. Do you want this? LOL I am an influencer. LOL This is really cute This is so cute. – It’s just your favorite.
– Yeah. This is cute. – Mmm, this is pretty.
– Yeah. Sweaters! Wouldn’t sweaters be better? Wow, it feels great. Feels super soft! Ragged style Exactly the style Soo likes! – I made the decision!
– Oh, you made the decision? We shopped~ We have arrived! The Rabbit hole~ We just ordered food and we are already deciding on the next destination. This blueberry scone here is supposed to be really popular. It’s super soft inside. To be honest… It’s the best scone I’ve ever had…! [A satisfactory lunch it was!] [After lunch, the weather became so clear] [I met my subscribers as we were walking LOL] This is the coffee shop the subscribers I just met recommended us. It’s really good! It has a very unique aroma and it’s good, anyways! What’s this? It’s really good! Thank you, subscribers! It was so good! haha As soon as we got out of the metro…! All the roads are closed. Because of the ball drop that’ll be in the Time Square today [On the way to the Central Park] Entered the Central Park! Central Park is really huge, you know. And this part looks like.. – A rock zone..
– Rock zone?!… People at the mountain summit… LOL We sat on a rock, too. For a break. Mr. Ugly Potato! We have arrived at this part of the street and on the map here… So it’s the street that cuts across the park like this and we came through here and the way out over there which means that we still got a lot left. It’s huge, it’s really huge. [Our second lodge where we’ll sleep for two nights, “Parker New York”] It’s our second house! We will take a break shortly and go back again later. Soo has gone through some strict security for this…! Such precious candies! He bought me these because I was feeling tired. We are out of the hotel after two hours of break. Now we are going to walk to Grand Central station which is said to be 20 minutes on foot from here. The security’s still very strict here so we’d rather walk than take the metro. It’s really beautiful…! We are at the Oyster Bar. Way too many menus. There are more here. [Cleared them all] Tipping is so hard for Koreans. We have to work with our calculators. So cute. Farting. Shiny Cute. I see the Time Square over there. I heard that BTS is there but we will go home. That’s what’s happening right on the next block from us haha That they’re doing that right next to us, I feel like I am watching a monitor next to the stage.. Somehow. Wow, the people over there must have lined up from the morning…! I felt so sleepy so I had two more hours of nap (again). It’s 10:40 in the evening and I am trying to go out…! Maybe we can’t even approach there and come back haha It must have rained. – Huh?
– Looks like it had rained. Entering the Time Square…! The Time Square is over there. After this group enters then that group will enter. Wow.. [Ball drop live broadcast haha] My legs are so cold. Your chest is warm (?) Haha, it feels warm, haha I’m sorry, I am sorry! [The Time Square seems to be still bustling] LOL I slept without cleansing my makeup again. I woke up at 7 today as well. I washed and am using a facial mask pack and it was liquid when I used it but now my face is covered with bubbles. So cool. I ordered breakfast with Uber Eats and he’s coming on a bike! Today’s breakfast. A person named Noah delivered this on a bike. What did you order, Soo? A sandwich. I ordered an egg sandwich, too. Bon appetite~ Milk in another country always feels so different. It’s just milk… But it tastes somewhat different. Again X5 Blue Bottle.. They must not be using plastic cups anymore. Iced drinks come in paper cups, too. It was kind of cloudy in the morning but now it has cleared. Now I am going to go out. Oh, it feels like Korean subway stations here. It looks like they’ve completely remodeled inside here. But it still smells like urine haha On the street, I can smell weeds from time to time and it really feels.. Nauseous, right? Eww It’s the first time in New York metro I found an escalator in the New York subway for the first time! It’s almost as high as Ewha Womans Univ. Station.. I guess this is why they made an escalator? [I came to see this..] [The wind is strong today..!] Oh, I originally came out to go to the park (which is right next to us) but it got so cold unexpectedly so I came to the mall. Let’s walk around! Ah~ These are spangles. You are not good at it. It’s difficult. Ha ha ha ha What do you want to write? [The spirit of thorough advertisement]
-Yes. I’m embarrassed hahaha Ha, for real hahaha This (Vessel) was built in March 2019. It’s a very new building. [We came to eat lunch] Again! Dimsum again haha So pretty. Try this. This place is the place I went before where they sell dog and cat supplies and I was going to visit there again after eating but they went out of business.. [I’m here for a cute dessert] [I came back to rest again hahahaha] I started getting my period since yesterday so I’m in poor shape.. I think the weather cleared up a little and are we going to be able to see the sunset at the Hudson River..? Hahaha what are you doing? Turn off the flash ㅠㅠ Ah, the flash was on? Ha ha;; I’m sorry. I wanted to see this.. So I ran over here without resting! [Time Square is perfect for late nights …!] Last meal in New York. Again! Uber Eats. It looks really amazing. [Cream cheese] Liberty Bagel. I heard that this place is very famous. Their Google rating is high. I thought it would be really hard and you see that the part I ate is stretched? It’s very chewy? It’s delicious! I don’t really like bagels. But it is delicious.. [Checked out of this place!] [Last time seeing downtown New York] [and I’m getting ready to go back!] [I’m going back..]