Christmas is the time of year for festive
cheer between family and friends and we want everybody to have a great time. Faulty Christmas
tree lights can cause fires and it’s important to keep your family safe this time of year
by ensuring that all Christmas tree lights are in safe working order. Check your Christmas
tree lights conform to the British standard. Check there is no faulty wiring. Don’t overload
sockets. Switch off and don’t leave them unattended. And if you have a real Christmas tree, don’t
forget to water it regularly. From all at Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service, have a happy and safe festive period.